Toegevoegd aan je reisplanner hieronder
Get route gradient profileGenerate
The parish church of Hyde, the historic suburb just outside the north wall of the old City of Winchester. It was the lay people's church of Hyde Abbey and was long believed to be the resting place of the remains of King Alfred the Great and his family. It is thought more likely now that these may be in the location of the old Hyde Abbey. The church dates back to 1110 when the Abbey moved to Hyde from its original site north of the Cathedral.
For the time being, the church is open for services only and is closed at other times.